What is membership? Why a member? Learn more…
How can I become a member?
The Membership Pathway is the process we use to help people become members of the church. This Pathway uses a “flipped curriculum.” That means that the content is available online for viewing/reading at your own time. Then we have gatherings to process that content together.
In order to join the church, it is required that you:
- View all of the following videos, or read all of the following documents, prior to the associated meeting times. You are encouraged to watch the videos with others, although that is optional.
- Attend at least one of each of the groups of sessions.
- Doctrine A
- covering the Doctrine videos through Point 3
- Doctrine B
- covering the Doctrine videos Point 4 through Point 10.
- Culture A
- covering Culture & Core Values Videos through Core Value 2: Holy Spirit
- Culture B
- covering Culture & Core Values Videos beginning with Core Value 3: Diverse Unity
- Church Practice:
- covering the videos under Church Practice
- Doctrine A
- Complete the Membership Request Form
- Meet individually or in small groups with the pastor or board member
We anticipate repeating this membership process during the 2019-2020 school year for those who are unable to participate or choose not to participate this time.
We have our doctrine information in 2 formats:
- See our Doctrine Playlist on YouTube. As you work through these videos, complete this journal journal (Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat) of simple guiding questions.
- You can also read/print the content of these videos:
- Doctrine, Devotion, Duty Transcript * Video
- Point 1: God Part 1 Transcript * Video, Part 2 Transcript * Video
- Point 2: The Bible Transcript * Video
- Point 3: Human Condition Transcript * Video
- Point 5: The Work of Christ Transcript * Video
- Point 6: The Holy Spirit Transcript * Video
- Point 7: The Church Transcript * Video
- Point 8: Christian living Transcript * Video
- Point 9: Christ’s return Transcript * Video
- Point 10: Response and eternal destiny Transcript * Video
- We can order a “Welcome to the Family” booklet that covers the same ‘doctrinal’ content if you are interested. Note that it misses out on the emphasis on ‘devotion’ and ‘duty’ as well as unique things about our environment.
- Here is the Statement of Faith along with Scripture references. This is a wonderful resource to support further study and exploration of these ideas.
2: Culture & core values
Culture & Core Values will come in 3 parts, covering the following content:
(see the Playlist on YouTube)
** Please see the reflection questions at the bottom of each transcript below. We will use these to guide our time of conversation together **
- Vision of our church (form 1) * Transcript * Video
- Vision of our church (form 2) * Transcript * Video
- Journey of Growth in this Vision * Transcript * Video
- The Forces that Shape Each Person * Transcript * Video
- Core Value 1: The Bible * Transcript * Video
- Core Value 2: The Holy Spirit * Transcript * Video
- Core Value 4: Priesthood of All Believers * Transcript * Video
- Core Value 5: Wholeness of our Humanity Given to God * Transcript * Video
- Cultural Triangle * Transcript * Video
- Cultural Triangle and Worship * Transcript * Video
- Worldview Triangle * Transcript * Video
3: Church practice
Following are resources that help identical some practical things about us as a church, including our connection with the Evangelical Free Church of America.
- Evangelical Free Church
- “We Exist…” overview * Video
- Mission statement * Video
- Definitions: Evangelical * Video
- Definitions: Free * Video
- Doctrine: see the 10 points in the Doctrine section above
- Foundation Stones * Overview * Articles from EFCA
- Unity & Charity * Video
- Cross-church Ministries * Video
- Crossway Multinational Church
- Official Documents * Video
- Congregational Governance * Video
- Three Required Teams * Video
- Church Board Members * Video
- Current Teams * Video
- Membership Qualifications * Video
- Membership Process * Video
- Membership Duties & Responsibilities
4: Membership & interviews
We will be setting up individual and possibly small group opportunities for interaction.
Contact John Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have other questions or input.